Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Silk Stocking Mat


This mat could be a snapshot of the weather today. It's one of my treasures....a Birthday gift from my dear friend Mary and the latest in my collection. Two of the snowmen in the photo are of my making and the large, handsome fellow was made by Kimberly Whritner. She's a friend and a new blogger....thesheepsnest, be sure to stop by and say hello. He was a Christmas gift from my sister, Sarah. Sad to say, the rest of my snowman collection never made it out of the suitcases this year....a post for next January....hahaha.

Enjoy the rest of the month...it will be February before you know it.
Barb

2 comments:

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

Barb!!!!! I looked at the picture before I read the post and thought hmmm, that looks familiar. I forget what I make! I am so glad you have him and that he has made friends with some of your wonderful creations! What is that silk mat all about? Is it an embroidered piece? It looks wonderful. hugs to you, Kim

Suzanne said...

Hi Barb~ the mat is so intricate! Your friend does beautiful work!
Cute snowmen too....not all of my "white bald men" made it out of storage this year either!