Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Spring....finally?


"And there is pansies,that's for thoughts"
William Shakespeare

Nothing says spring to me more than pansies, I just adore them. This year they were one of the things that didn't work into my budget, so it was to be empty window boxes until summer.

Well, my sister Sarah and I were vendors at the rug show this weekend and she came on Friday to stay at my house.In the door she walks announcing "I brought you pansies!" Now what could be more thoughtful than that? So, my neighbors will be surprised and delighted to find my boxes full of pansies and violas when they come home from work tonight.(I'm known in the neighborhood for my windowboxes and got a few complaints at Christmas time because they weren't done up...)

We had a good show, it's always fun to meet new "hookers" and have old ones stop by to say hello, show new projects and have a few laughs.A few of my hooking friends came later in the day and when the show was over they helped pack us up in a flash so we were on our way home in no time. Thankyou, Kathy, Mary and Stephanie!!!!!

Well, outside to plant my pansies...it's a beautiful, sunny day!

Barb

1 comment:

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Aaaaaaaaawwww! What a nice sister you must have!