Thursday, September 11, 2014
Here's where we'll be this weekend…stop by and say hi if you are in the neighborhood….we'll be in the barn with the rug show!!
34th Annual Fall Festival & Craft Show
Something for everyone!
September 13 & 14 10am-5pm each day
RAIN OR SHINE-
there is plenty to see & do indoors & out!
6038 Sound Avenue, Riverhead - enter at western entrance opposite Herricks Lane. Look for signs and the big white barn!
Admission is $8 adults, $5 children ages 5-12 ( 4 & under free) 2 adults & 2 kids $20. Parking is available on-site. **For the safety of all animals on display, please leave your dogs at home. Dogs are not permitted in the Festival grounds.**
- access to over 50 artisan craft and folk art vendors- jewelry, baskets, clothing, artwork, soaps, candles, something for all ages & interests...plus Miss Ella's Shop which offers a variety of local gifts and souvenirs which benefit the museum, plus quilting fabric
- handmade rug show in the Naugles Barn by the Peconic Rug Hookers Guild, enter to win their "Striped Bass" Raffle Rug, shown here.
- folk art demonstrations including decoy carving, wood carving, basketweaving, rug hooking, quilting, and more
- hayrides, tractor pull and antique farm machinery display from LIAPA
- guided historic tours including the 1765 Hallock Homestead & Barn, 1931 Cichanowicz Farmhouse
- special exhibit spaces including the 1876 Combs Decoy Carving Shop, the "Defense of the Eagle" War of 1812, and model trains from the Railroad Museum of LI
- children's activity area and fun games like the popular Egg Toss
- animal and livestock displays including cows, horses, donkeys from the East End Livestock and Horseman's Association
- live music from the Eastbound Freight Bluegrass Band and a traditional dance performance from the Blue Spruce Cloggers
Additional amenities that are available for purchase include:
- children's mini train ride and pony rides
- food vendors including Maple Tree BBQ, Island Empanada, Ice Cream Truck, Rosie's Country Kettle Corn, and Greenport Harbor Brewing Company
Thank you for supporting our not-for-profit mission by attending the Fall Festival!
SPONSORED IN PART BY:
Markowitz, Fenelon & Bank LLP
North Fork Environmental Council
North Shore Eye Care
Hallockville Museum Farm
6038 Sound Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901
631-298-5292 / Hallockville.com / Facebook